Veneers are layers of porcelain (or other material) that are placed over the outer surface of a tooth to improve its looks. Venners can last up to 10 years with the proper care, so if you’re wondering: How to take care of my veneers? Here we leave you a list with recommendations.
Tips to maintaining your veneers:
- Keep them clean. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day, remember that poor hygiene can lead to gum diseases and this could cause chipping or detachment of the veneers.
- Choose a right toothpaste. There are some ingredients that may result too abrasive for both your teeth and your veneers, when you choose your tooth paste make sure it doesn’t contain hydrogen peroxide and sodium bicarbonate or baking soda.
- Avoid hard objects. You should never bite hard objects or use your teeth as tools, because it can be real harmful to them, if you have veneers they could end up chipped or even broken.
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush. If you use a hard toothbrush it will scratch the surface of your veneers.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol. Alcohol can soften the bonding composites holding the veneers to your teeth, this could lead to deterioration, prone damage and stains. Remember that some toothpastes and mouthwash contain alcohol, try to avoid them too.
- Visit your dentist regularly. This will help to detect any dental problem at time, before it gets worse, also the dentist can andress chips, cracks or deteriorating bonds between your veneers and your teeth.
In what cases are veneers recommended?
Veneers are ideal for teeth that have a prematurely aged appearance, look too small, or there is a big aesthetic flaw that needs to be corrected without the use of orthodontics.
If you want more information about our veneers services we invite you to call toll free from USA and Canada 1-800-565-1424, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 140 51 25. We focus on always providing the best service!
You might also like: Improve your teeth appearance with dental veneers